Call for Applications: Project Managers in forumZFD
Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. (Forum Civil Peace Service, forumZFD) supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. ForumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees. Our offer: A full time job and a competitive salary with social benefits (including health insurance). As a Project Manager working for forumZFD, you will work within the innovative and inspiring field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding in the Western Balkans. 2 PROJECT MANAGERS (M/F) in Skopje (Macedonia)
Start of assignment: Ideally, you are from Macedonia and available to start working on 1 November 2018 (the contract ends on 31.08.2019, with the possibility of extension to 31.12.2020 depending on available funding).
Your tasks and responsibilities: For its office in Skopje, forumZFD is seeking two full-time Project Managers for planning and implementing its activities in Macedonia in close cooperation with other forumZFD offices in the Western Balkans region. The main fields of activity of forumZFD in the Western Balkans and particularly in Macedonia are Dealing with the Past (DwP)/Transitional Justice (TJ), education for peace, democratic culture and civic identity. Each Project Manager will be part of a regional program implementing projects and activities in one or more of these fields in close cooperation with local partners in Macedonia. Based in Skopje, each position entails frequent travel within Macedonia and throughout the region. The candidate will perform the following duties:
- Creatively develop and implement projects in Macedonia and the region in the above mentioned fields of forumZFD’s activities, in accordance with the regional program strategy of forumZFD and in close cooperation with local partners and forumZFD colleagues in Macedonia and the region;
- Establish and maintain contacts and partnerships with local organizations, partners and stakeholders;
- Manage projects and activities related to the position (including planning, monitoring, steering, and finance controlling);
- Contribute to annual project planning to be integrated in the annual planning of the forumZFD
- regional programme in the Western Balkans;
- Report to Macedonia Program Manager.
- Educated to university degree level in a relevant discipline such as social sciences, humanities, or other suitable fields;
- At least 3 years of first-hand work experience in at least one (preferably two) of these areas: Dealing with the Past (DwP)/Transitional Justice (TJ), education for peace, rule of law and democratic culture and civic identity;
- Proven skills in at least two of these areas: networking and establishing platforms, developing advocacy and lobbying strategies, developing educational policies, implementing non-formal youth education and exchanges, advising individuals, civil-society initiatives and/or organisations, (experience in working with public institutions would be advantageous);
- Knowledge and skills in peacebuilding and conflict transformation are an asset;
- Thorough knowledge of the political and social environment in Macedonia and the Western Balkans, with a deep understanding of the challenges regarding the implementation of activities in the field of DwP, education and interethnic relations in Macedonia and the region;
- Proficient in Macedonia official languages (Macedonian and/or Albanian), excellent English language skills (oral and written) necessary;
- Team player with excellent communication skills, social and intercultural competencies; able to work independently; creative in working approaches and project development;
- Ability to occasionally work on weekends and evenings;
- Advanced MS office skills;
- Driving License and willingness to drive.
Please send your application (1 page letter of motivation and a CV) with the subject line:Project Manager MKD – last name, first name using the Apply option. Interviews are planned to be scheduled on 26 September 2018. Please be aware that we inform you on short notice latest until 25 September whether you are invited. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Vincent Lungwitz at Lungwitz@forumZFD.de.
ForumZFD provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, protected genetic information, or sexual orientation.
We are looking forward to your application!