OPEN CALL FOR Young Journalists’ Network
Democracy Lab’s “Young Journalists’ Network“ supported by the Media Mentorship Program of the US Embassy in Skopje, will build the capacities of young journalists in news gathering and reporting through a year-long series of professional trainings and internship opportunities.
Open Call for participants
Democracy Lab is thrilled to open a call for participants for its program Young Journalists’ Network (YJN), a series of professional trainings with international experts.
YJN aims to create and sustain a network of young, independent-minded journalists, committed to the principles of ethical and independent journalism. Through their participation in the program, participants will build their capacities in news gathering and reporting through a year-long series of professional trainings and internship opportunities.
The trainings will be designed and facilitated by international experts in cooperation with local experts. Topics will include:
- The role of journalism in democratic society & ethical journalism;
- Investigative reporting techniques.
- Data analysis and Visualization.
- Digital media tools and platforms.
- Working with government institutions.
- Communication Skills.
- Networking and Cooperation.
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
Who can apply?
- Current students and recent graduates in different study programs between the ages of 18-35.
- People who show motivation for pursuing a career in journalism.
- People who have any background in journalism (studies or experience).
- People who have demonstrable English Language skills.
- People who have writing skills or any writing experiences.
- People who have good communication skills.
Following the completion of trainings, YJN Program will continue to provide direction for the participants through a two-step approach: 1. Offer internship program in partnership with independent media outlets in North Macedonia. 2. Provide access to an independent online media platform – [Platform for investigative journalism and analyses – PINA – www.pina.mk] for our network of young journalists to publish their work.
Deadline to apply: 15 October 2019 ; 12 a.m (midnight)
All interested candidates can apply through completing this application form: https://forms.gle/TeRXxpe9pEcPxE8z6 .
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at: YJN@demlab.org
Young Journalists’ Network (YJN) will successfully broaden the community of independent journalists to further enforce and promote sustainable democracy in North Macedonia.